This is a one skein project. This pattern is so easy, it’s all in sc. I made this cowl for my 2-year-old son.
- sl st (slip stitch)
- ch (chain stitch or stitches)
- sc (single crochet)
This is what you’ll need:
- Light worsted yarn, I used Bravo Originals, color 08359
- Crochet hook 5mm
- Optional; a stitch marker
ch75, or any other uneven number to get the preferred size, join with sl st
1 : ch1, 1sc in each st around, close with sl st
2 : ch1, 1sc in next st (optional; place stitch marker in the ch, to see where to join with sl st at the end of the row)
Skip 1st, 2sc in the next st
* skip 1st, 2sc in next st * repeat to end, close with sl st in first ch
3 : ch1, skip 1st, 2sc in next st
* skip 1st, 2sc in the next st * repeat to end except; 1sc in the last st, sl st in first ch
Keep repeating these 2 rows (until you have reached the length of 14cm /5,5inch)
4: ch1, 1sc in next st, * Skip 1st, 2sc in the next st * repeat, sl st in first ch
5: ch1, * Skip 1st, 2sc in the next st * repeat until; 1sc in the last st, sl st in first ch
This cowl also goes great with these Mittens. This one I made with double threat and crochet hook 7mm and I started with a foundation chain of 61.
Did you like this pattern?
Please pin & share
And subscribe to receive te latest patterns in your inbox
And if you haven’t yet, join my Facebook Group